Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

What’s wrong with Rising?

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What’s wrong with Rising?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

I’m at the game and saw him shaking his right hand as he came off the field.

TruckStopTerrors
      Participant

You saw what we saw on TV. No news so far. It should’ve been a penalty for a late shove.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

Yeah, these refs are dubious. In the NFL that’s most definitely a personal foul. Instead of releasing Rising, the Baylor dude got a push in at the end of the play.

TruckStopTerrors
          Participant

Even Huard and Blandino said it shouldn’t have been called grounding,(which it wasn’t and the call was overturned) but that it should’ve been a flag for the late shove. So Yeah, we got doubly f**ked there.

enigami344
      Participant

Looks like he hurt his pinky during the collision?

2008 National Champ
      Participant

got tossed into the coolers on the Baylor sideline. I actually thought he might have taken a shot to the ribs but it sounds like he might have landed on his hand

2 2
        Distantute
        Participant

My guess is broken finger(s) on throwing hand. If so, not good. Wilson looks terrible.

Utesbyfive
      Participant

Scuttlebutt is broken finger on throwing hand. 6-8 weeks.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

For real? If so, turn out the lights because the party’s over. No way Utah even challenges for the conference title with Wilson as QB1.

2008 National Champ
          Participant

that can’t be true. I’ve been told all week that Wilson just needs Rising to get out of his way so that he can win the Heisman. I mean, there are some who have even claimed that him throwing picks last week was a good thing

The Miami Ute
            Participant

😂😂😂.. you’re just trolling now.

2008 National Champ
              Participant

yeah, yeah.,, I know better than to go with excessive hyperbole on here. Some people think everything they read is meant to be serious

RoboUte
        Participant

That’s an insanely long time frame for a finger for someone in their 20s.

Rick Walker
      Participant

He’s on the sideline in street clothes with his hands taped. Someone enlighten me, would that be broken fingers? Just jammed really bad? Or something else in between? I genuinely don’t know

3 1
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

Not trying to be mean, but it’s obvious that Wilson, no matter his potential, is nowhere being ready for prime time. The offense with him under center looks decidedly worse than it was with Barnes. FFS, we’re back to square one because Rising can’t stay healthy. What’s going to happen from here on in until Rising comes back? Stack the box and dare Wilson to beat you, and just from the short sample size, he’s nowhere as elusive as Barnes was.

Rick Walker
        Participant

Wilson being the back up just confirms that Rose must really suck

The Miami Ute
          Participant

Betcha Barnes is kicking himself for leaving the program.

2008 National Champ
            Participant

why? he’d started for this program, passed up higher rated recruits, and still wasn’t elevated to scholarship status until they pretty much had to. at some point you have to realize that no matter what you do, it won’t be good enough. might as well try somewhere else and see if you can be appreciated.

The Miami Ute
              Participant

Where would you rather be playing? Utah or Utah State? Plus he was a backup at Logan until the starter got hurt.

2008 National Champ
                Participant

I’d rather be playing at Utah State instead of the projected QB3 or QB4 at Utah. Because I would have been of the mindset that I had proven that I could play at a P4 level. But that’s just me trying to put myself in his shoes.

Fan talk to the contrary, these kids want to play. And Barnes had played, and won games for Utah. Why would he want to go back to the bench?

1 4
          jshame17
          Participant

Wilson is not worth the hype he had coming in.

Premier QBs can hit a un-pressured out route on a critical third down, but he sailed it.

Sad we can’t find a decent backup

The Miami Ute
            Participant

We have to give him some time. Maybe the switch will turn on once it’s decided that he’s QB1 for an extended period. To me, it’s absolutely crazy that Utah finds itself in the same situation two years in a row. And, as I said previously, I’d feel a hell of a lot better about the remainder of the season if Barnes was still around.

22Ute22
        Participant

We need to give Rose or Huard a half each next week. Wilson is clearly not it right now, and I guess those fall camp highlights and scrimmage highlights are just him being a practice demon, but a deer in the headlights in game.

idahoute
      Participant

3rd and 4th digit dislocation. Stitches on one. No surgery. Back by OKST
      No surgery

Uteanooga
      Participant

True freshmen are almost never good. Experienced and talented QBs are gold and they are hard to keep in stock. Wilson needs time.

Utegator
      Participant

Idk, as a long Utah fan it was obvious they decided to protect the lead once Rising went out. I’m still upside on Wilson if they ever decide to use the full playbook.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

contract the playbook, run what he is comfortable with and depend on the other 10 guys on the field. the last thing you want to do is overwhelm the kid by expecting him to have a 7th year QB’s knowledge of the playbook.

2 1
        Hellhound152
        Participant

Not really, he was given a shot in the 3rd to play but the coaches completely shut down the offense after back to back series where Wilson threw incompletions on high/low route concepts because he missed the read. The second one would have been a 70 yard touchdown to Money Parks. Those are half field concepts a 1 read, run first QB in high school should have mastered.

Talkin to Gator.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.