Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

When do we get the Stanley Cup?

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Professional Sports NHL When do we get the Stanley Cup?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ute Dub
      Participant

Serious question. If Utah HC wins the Stanley Cup the first year then they canโ€™t change the name, right?

UTE98
      Participant

https://www.espn.com/nhl/futures

Getting a little ahead of yourself there.

My Pens and Avs both have better odds. Don’t set yourself up for disappointment there TSPP-lite fan.๐Ÿ˜

The Miami Ute
        Participant

The Knights went to the Stanley Cup as an expansion franchise. The Panthers went to the Stanley Cup in 22-23 as the lowest-ranked team in the playoffs. Anything is possible. This UHC, with all of its young talent, is definitely on the way up. In a way, they remind me of the Islanders of the mid-70s and Oilers of the mid-80s before they hit the big time.

The Miami Ute
      Participant

That’s a good question. I will say that the name “Utah Hockey Club” is getting traction live and online. I like the throwback and minimalistic vibe it exudes.

DataUte
        Participant

But that’s not fun! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Reminds me of Washington Redskins FC finding a new name. I like Blizzard (go with Avalanche in the west) or Yeti. Outlaws ok. Venom and Mammoth are bleh (and Mammoth is the Colorado Lacrosse team, not that it matters). Of course they will rebrand after everyone has bought UHC gear so they can sell the all new kits.

The Miami Ute
          Participant

The Delta Center broke the records, and it wasn’t even close, for merch and beer sales in the first UHC game versus the Blackhawks. I literally stood in line for over an hour to buy an inaugural game t-shirt. They’re going to be the Yeti next year but UHC merch will always be collectors’ items.

UtahPilot47
      Participant

I feel confident they will wind the Stanley Cup before the Jazz ever win a title…

The Miami Ute
        Participant

Maybe the Jazz and rebrand to what they always should have been, the Utah Stars.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.