Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Where would this team be without Bernard?

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Where would this team be without Bernard?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      2008 National Champ
      Participant

Gotta ride the kid like you think his name is Barry Sanders. He’s responsible for almost everything good on offense this year

NorthernUte
      Participant

2-3 or 1-4, that’s where we’d be

22Ute22
      Participant

We would be completely lost lol. RB room is completely awful outside of Bernard. Side note, F*CK Glover for quitting this team. Dude could literally be the second string RB right now but he’s too much of a quitter and whiner to put in the work. I hope he transfers out. We don’t need a player with his mentality.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

not just Glover. Where are those vaunted 4 stars from the 2023 class? Stanley is useless unless he’s running a wheel route against an FCS team that won’t cover him. Randle is a DB. And I hope the only issue with Mitchell is that he’s injured. That’s four 4 stars that are barely doing more for the team than I am drinking beer in my barcolounger

jshame17
          Participant

The RB room has gotten worse under Ganther, but Whitt is incredibly loyal
          To his former players, so he’ll be here until Whitt leaves unfortunately.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Can you imagine? Maybe 2 wins.

2 1
      Utah
      Participant

Imagine if they had taken the money given to Rising and gave it to Jackson and then gave Wilson all the reps.

We’d be undefeated.

Rising has this team by the throat and is killing it.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

Some of us have been essentially saying this since January of 2023 Rising has this team by the throat and is killing it and been told we are not true fans and need to shut the f**k up. But I’m sure that now it is obvious to everyone we’ll just be told to let it go because no one is allowed to admit that they might be wrong about something to someone they’ve never met

22Ute22
          Participant

Yup, I was lowkey upset in December of 2022 when he didn’t make a decision to leave or come back.

thewiz
            Participant

Have you considered the possibility that Rising , in-fact, may have made the decision to return the r Drr dryrrrr for the 2023 season in December 2022, prior to the January 01, 2023 Rose Bowl, but it was not announced publicly until after his terrible knee injury in the Rose Bowl?

2008 National Champ
              Participant

Absolutely.

Have you considered that keeping that decision a secret had no benefit to anyone in the moment? He was waiting to see his draft grade and it got folded into “will he, won’t he play against Penn State”. Once he got a UDFA grade, he played it up. Penn State didn’t seem fazed by him playing. And the last two years of the Ute QB room have definitely been to the detriment of his decision to come back. But sure, the gamesmanship could have been 17 dimensional chess that we just haven’t seen the genius yet.

RoboUte
          Participant

I have an absolute warehouse of I told you sos from last year but instead of cashing them in I’m just happy to watch the exact same comments I got panned for last year being typed and upvoted by dozens of different posters this year

2008 National Champ
            Participant

it’s the Covid effect:

Hey, I’m not sure these mask rules will help- Shut up, you’re trying to kill me!
            Hey, has this vaccine best tested? – Shut up and quit trying to kill me with your unvaccinated ass!
            Hey, all these studies show that what we did didn’t really help – Why can’t you just move on already

Holladay Ute
          Participant

If what you were saying ever since 2023 was that we should move on from Cam Rising b/c he’s too injury prone, he won’t come back the same player, etc. then I would say that’s a very reasonable thing to say at any point in time (back then or now). Personally, I still don’t think they made the wrong decision to keep him in the program. Knowing our history w/ QBs and how good he was when healthy, I still think he was likely one of the best options at the time. I think they made a big mistake in not having a backup plan last year. And then obviously their communication to the fans and media.

I still don’t buy into the arguments that he’s been intentionally misleading all of us, fine to screw us over, etc. I don’t think that’s fair or logical.

2008 National Champ
            Participant

No, that’s not quite what I’m saying.

1) Cam Rising has the right and my complete endorsement to continue at Utah until his eligibility is complete or he decides to hang it up. I’m unequivocal on that. at the same time,

2) Kyle Whittingham (the head coach) and Andy Ludwig (Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach) are responsible to have plans B, C, D and omega if necessary to replace Rising, fill in for Rising if injured, or more appropriately, bring in as many people as possible until you find someone who can better do the job.

It is #2 that I’ve been banging the drum on for close to two years. That somehow gets conflated with the absurd notion that I must have something against Rising. I want high level QB play. Period. Full Stop. As I said on another thread, I don’t care who gets the job done but it damn well better get done. And it hasn’t for the last 2 seasons. I blame that on the coaching staff going all in on Cam Rising w/o having an acceptable backup plan.

I’m not calling for coaches to be fired, or players to be replaced. I’m saying that the job has not gotten done and I’m going to keep saying that no matter how many times I’m downvoted, someone tells me that I’m a bad fan, or I get replies directly or indirectly letting me know that my opinion is not welcome on this board. At least until the job finally starts getting done again at which time I will heap the appropriate praise on all involved.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.