Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Whitt said Rising’s injury doesn’t seem serious

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt said Rising’s injury doesn’t seem serious

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      EagleMountainUte
      Participant

I think you have to sit him next week. You also need to figure out your two spot. Bernard heroics is cool but he ain’t a 20-25 carry a game guy.

Ultimately Utah should be fine next week. Hope it is just a jammed finger. But in my experience 4-6 weeks before a sprain heals fully.

Wilson is what it is. I think he is trying way too hard.

2008 National Champ
      Participant

not serious? so we should expect him to get QB1 reps but not be cleared to play on a week to week basis?

I kid

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

Bro I was thinking it but didn’t want to say it. Seriously still p**ses me off a little.

RoboUte
          Participant

It should. It’s impossible to overstate the mismanagement of ’23

RoboUte
        Participant

Hahaha. Watch out now if you don’t make it clear you’re kidding you’ll get upvoted.

Uteanooga
      Participant

If Rising has a finger sprain it will not heal quickly if he is gripping and throwing. He will need to be shut down in order to recover properly. QB2 has to be QB1 for preparation.

SOWhat
        Participant

I heard it was a laceration, he was seen leaving the field with a bloody rag on his hand. That would be the least serious of the possibilities. Some stitches and possibly a week off.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Yeah my source says laceration.

SalUteopia
        Participant

I told everyone that my source (you) says laceration. You better be right, Tony. 😋

Tony (admin)
          Keymaster

I was 60/40 confident in my source, then I also saw other online sources saying laceration. Not sure if I’m their source though LOL.

Utah5410
      Participant

Its a laceration.. Just a really bad cut. Prob stitches. Not serious but I agree he shouldn’t play next week.

2 1
      Utah
      Participant

Wilson will be a different QB with a week to prepare, a less talented opponent in Utah State.

He will be just fine.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.