Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Whitt say RB is biggest question mark.

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt say RB is biggest question mark.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dallas
      Participant

I guess that means no one is better than Bernard and Glover which is a bad sign. I’m resigned that we’re gonna have to get creative on third and short.

whitt at media day

Tyler Henry
      Participant

This isn’t a surprise. People are high on Anthony Woods from Idaho, but injury aside, we don’t know how good he will be playing against B12 competition. Utah has some STUDS at RB, but none of them are “bruisers.” Additionally, Utah doesn’t have a scrambler at QB anymore. Rising will definitely be a glorified pocket-passer this year, let’s be real. Johnson is gone, and BB who can sort of run is gone as well. On short yardage scenarios, Utah will have to look for more perimeter plays, since they won’t be as affective up the middle. I like Stanley as a Dixon-type player, he can get Jet Sweeps and take check-downs for big yardage. As for our #1 guy, I love John Randle. He is quick and agile and has a more traditional RB build. Utah definitely has the players to be creative this year!

D T
      Participant

I’m really interested to see what Mitchell does for us this year & whether he emerges as consistently reliable in our O….Lots of mention during Spring ball by KW.

RustyShackleford
      Participant

Does Whitt look younger to anyone else?

chinngiskhaan
      Participant

I feel like Bernard could be a better option than people realize. He’s never been the #1 option, but that was because of who we had in front of him. Unless he has regressed due to his health, he may be our best option. He isn’t a bruiser, but he was much better between the tackles than anyone who played last year. Bernard was a not a bad short yardage guy, we just had better options in Thomas and moss.

ProudUte
      Participant

So, RB may be our best position group. (Kind of kidding)

I have never known Whitt to give anything away to the competition. Is he really going to tell the entire league, “Our biggest weakness is …” This doesn’t sound like Whitt to me.

Most all of us on here have agreed that the RB group is an unknown. Bernard is a proven back, Glover seemed to be improving, many say Mitchell will be a stud.

The best thing I heard in the presser was that Fano looks good.

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

Always seems like Whitt talks about the position he wishes to motivate the most.

I am more concerned with the OL personally.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Bernard has a hard time staying healthy. He runs extremely hard and takes a lot of big hits. Hopefully Glover has gotten bigger and stronger and can get past the arm tackles. He could be a sleeper. Woods and Mitchell are the X factors. Sounds like Woods is out.

Our receivers look really good and they will force defenses to drop more back in coverage allowing better running lanes. It’s going to be fun watching this offense gel. If the O line can hold up we will be tough to defend.

ProudUte
        Participant

Woods is out for the season from the reports that I have heard.

Rick
      Participant

I think he is sandbagging.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.