Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Whitt’s presser

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt’s presser

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

I took notes on the computer, but lost it. So here is what I can remember:

Singer is WR1 and the best hands we have seen in a long time. The passing game goes through him.

Kuithe is looking good. He is one of the best receiving tight ends in college football. We have a very deep tight end room and you will see a lot of multiple tight end sets.

Our RB room is solid, but we don’t have an RB1. We have the top three guys who will see the majority of plays. Andrews was brought over because we need a big back. Andrews may go back to LB next season. He mentioned that there are some specific plays for Stanley, and you will definitely see him run the ball.

The defensive end room is also very deep.

Hall has been moved to LB because they feel that is where he can have the most success.

We have had some issues with depth at CB due to some unexpected portal moves and minor injuries.

Rising looks good, but we will minimize any running. We will have very few QB running plays. The QB3 is Rose. However, Huard has made some good progress.

tanute3
      Participant

Thanks for the summary, Proud. The CB depth is really my biggest (perhaps only?) concern with what I saw on the depth chart.

Don’t worry, Micah Bernard John Randle Jr. has got it covered.

Just kidding (sort of). I have some CB depth PTSD. Hopefully those guys will stay healthy.

PlainsUte
      Participant

If the DEs get to the QB early and often, no need to sweat the CB depth. GO UTES!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.