Whitt’s ten greatest wins

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt’s ten greatest wins

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

Top ten wins

Do you agree with this list?

I certainly agree with number 1 on the list and probably number 2. I would have probably had the 2008 Oregon State game on the list.

One interesting thing of note – there are no BYU games on the list. 🙂

ALUF
      Participant

I wholly agree with the list! HM for me would be the 2014 usc game or maybe even replace that with the emerald bowl

ALUF
        Participant

Another HM for me is the 2007 Wyoming guarantee game lol

CoyoteUte
          Participant

I’ll never forget sneaking down behind the WYO bench in the 4th quarter and chanting “Guarantee” at Joe Glenn 😂

CityCreekUte
      Participant

Best part. Not a single game against a certain team that thinks they are a big deal.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Participant

I thought that Whittingham’s 2011 Sun Bowl victory over Ga Tech was a bigger win than our Emerald Bowl victory over them 6-yrs earlier. But I believe the #10 spot should have been our 2008 come from behind victory over Oregon St.

Other than that, I can’t disagree.

2008 National Champ
      Participant

Not sure if it should make the top 10 but without it, Whitt may have gotten canned.

September 15, 2007: Utah 44, (11) UCLA 6. That game bought him enough leash to absorb the Vegas loss the next week and get the team on a roll which fed into 2008 and everything that followed.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

I think it is absolutely juicy that no TSPP victory is in this list. Let the CB go insane about it, even though I’ll never go there to read about it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.