Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Who do want winning this weekend to help Utah?

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who do want winning this weekend to help Utah?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      ALUF
      Participant

Texas Tech

Oklahoma State

Baylor

That is my order in terms of need imo. Tech is playing az, right now with the loss they are a game ahead so we need some losses from them. Osu is playing wv at home who I believe makes the title game so with our win at OSU, it would be nice if they won. Iowa state I think is the betting favorite now to win it all and I also believe they make it to Dallas. So i hope Baylor wins at isu which is a tall ask because Baylor sucks.

I still have us in a 5 way tie to make it Dallas but on the outside looking in. Go Utes, I hope cam comes back.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Anyone that’s ahead of us in the standings. Things could get interesting as the season progresses. The BYU and ISU games at home are looking much bigger than predicted. The conference is up for grabs.

Rick Walker
      Participant

I agree with Baylor and Oklahoma State but I’m a little back and forth with Texas Tech. The rational part of my brain says the more Arizona loses the better but part of me wants them to keep winning and build momentum against BYU. But either way, both those teams and Iowa State need to start losing before Utah can be in the conversation.

Virginia Ute
      Participant

For sure Ok st and Baylor.

TTU vs AZ doesn’t matter, it’s good that one of them will get a loss. I prefer TTU to win because they’ll likely drop a game later on, but technically one of the only two ways Utah could get shafted if they won out is if TTU beats AZ and then they both win out. The other way involves WVU winning out.

So I guess if AZ wins, that’ll help us more, but I still kind of want them to lose.

utefansince79
      Participant

Arizona winning makes us look better, but could hurt us if they’re tied with us in the standings at the end of the season if things come down to tie-breakers.

Trailgoat
      Participant

Too early to tell. Going with P12 team bandwagon. Brent Brennan and Kenny Dillingham fan. BB is a damn good coach and KD has ASU moving in the right direction. Deion’s entertaining and CU is scary. No into the other B12 teams yet. If Utah flames out, jumping on the old P12 team bandwagon.

utefansince79
      Participant

CU just seems to be charmed to pull out close games. Their OT win over Baylor was just crazy (forced OT on a last second Hail Mary, then Baylor fumbled inside the one yard line on a potential tying score)

22Ute22
      Participant

Aside from the big 12 teams you mentioned, we want as much chaos as possible tbh.

Texas A&M > Missouri

South Carolina > Ole Miss

Arkansas > Tennessee

Utes 69
      Participant

I want Arizona to roll and then clock the zoobies next week!

Kek U
      Participant

At least Utah can’t lose! Hahaha

Utah#1
      Participant

Should it matter? Utah was in control of their own destiny until they f’d it up on their home field and lost to a more hungry Arizona team. It’s more so Utah just needs to win all their games here on out and the rest will work itself out (and to have a chance at the CFP, they lose twice forget CFP). Currently six teams that need to lose twice for Utah to be back in the driver seat: Arizona, BYU, Colorado, ISU, TT and WVU. Utah have three games before BYU. If BYU is still undefeated by the time we play them, I’m not certain we beat them as they are playing good ball and I am not confident in our team even with Rising. ESPN’s current prediction went from 75% odds of winning two weeks ago to now 54.4% chance.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.