Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Whoaaa Nelly

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Where’s Keith Jackson when you need him. All the negative posts after one (shi*ty loss). It’s game day in two days. Let’s get the positive vibes going again. I’m excited to see how the Utes come out against ASU. We have great leadership on the team and this team is focused on making the playoffs.

Regardless of who is playing QB or any other position our backs are against the wall and if we are a playoff caliber team it’s time to show it. Seven games left “it’s not over till it’s over” as Yogi would. I just put on my Ute gear for luck. Oh and go Utes!!

SalUTEtheU
      Participant

Losses before a bye week add to the doom and gloom.

I am excited to see more playmaking from Singer. Guy just makes plays and gets yards. I would also love to see another Kuithe Strut into the endzone.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

Yeah man. Losing before a bye week is always nasty.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

The character of the team will come out Friday night. It’s always interesting to see who steps up and makes a play. This is a talented team they just haven’t hit on all cylinders yet.

22Ute22
        Participant

I obviously am happy with Singer, but he and Kuithe should not be the only two receiving targets who are good. The WR and TE corp aside from those too need to step it up big time.

DallasUte78
      Participant

I am with you Jim. Need some positive energy. I believe Whit and Scalley are going to have the team ready and hopefully we see the team respond like Notre Dame did after their loss to NIU. Sometimes a loss like this early on in the season is a wake up call and the rest of the season is a success. And if not…I certainly am not going to let a bunch of college kids ruin my day or week. Love the Utes…been a fan for 46 years but they don’t define me.

Walkman
      Participant

I know i have been guilty of feeling down and depressed – 2 weeks to sit on a loss does that for sure. Playing well Friday night will likely cure all.

Go Utes

lgt4141
        Participant

I think the team comes out fired up and ready to go no matter who is qb. We all hated the AZ game. I can only imagine how the players felt afterwards.

SOWhat
          Participant

Sorry, Keith Jackson is dead.
          RIP

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

I totally agree Dallas a piece of humble pie might stir the hornets nest. Old school coach like Whitt thrives in this position. We are in the same position Arizona was last week. Bad loss and bye.

ProudUte
      Participant

I hope you are all right. I would like to see these guys come out strong like they did against Baylor.

Go Utes!!

2 1
      2008 National Champ
      Participant

it would be nice if after 20 years of being the head coach, he didn’t need to get into this position to thrive though.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Whitt is not a front runner. He likes the underdog role. Much easier to motivate a team that just got their asses kicked as opposed to all they have to do is show up.

1 1
      2008 National Champ
      Participant

every coach wants to convince their team that they are being overlooked. even Saban would do it.

But you shouldn’t need a loss to get your team to believe in your message. And at this point in his career, Whitt should have a plan for every situation because he’s experienced them all.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.