Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

Why do so many people think BYU will score 20 points?

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why do so many people think BYU will score 20 points?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Utah
      Participant

Utah’s defense is giving up 18 points per game this year. If you take away the games where Utah’s opponent has offensive players that BYU could only ever dream of having (WSU, USC, ASU, Oregon) their defense is giving up 12 points per game (with or without Weber State).

BYU’s offense, taking out McNeese St, Hawaii, NMSU and UMass is averaging 17 points per game.

Zach Wilson is averaging 11 points per game (Mangum averaged 19 points per game).

So, he thinks BYU will score almost double what Utah is giving up to better teams than BYU?

He thinks Wilson will almost double his points production vs similar teams?

Heh heh. Good luck with that.

PlainsUte
      Participant

I think they could possibly get to 20 because 1) weird things happen in rivalry game, and/or 2) in garbage time KWhitt plays soft defense allowing TDS a couple extra scores.

Utah
        Participant

Since the streak started, they’ve topped 20 twice. The Vegas Bowl and 2012. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t think they’ll score at all. 

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

I’ve got em at 10.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I simply cannot see any scenario where they could score even one single point. 

Maybe, I guess they might possibly possess the ball within FG range, somehow (don’t know how). 

If they break 200 yards offense, it would be a minor miracle. It would be like Jesus resurrecting Lazarus, sort of. 

5 1
        ironman1315
        Participant

So what you’re saying is, we will have five more sacks than they will points.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I like the way you think. 

St George Ute
      Participant

I have them at 16, but only because I’ve used the same “Predict the Score” numbers for the last 6 weeks or so (48-16). Someday I hope to be right about that. 🙂

If they do score 16 then it will likely be in garbage time as PlainsUte said.

alharmon

TDS will be lucky to score a touchdown

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

My score prediction said 0 points for TDS so not sure who you are referring to. 

RiseasUtes
      Participant

I have it 31-20.  We always seem to give them more than they deserve.  We seem to give them plenty of points off of mistakes/turnovers.  I hope we buck that trend, but we haven’t proven we can just go in and beat them up (outside of 04,08, and 11).

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.