Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Will there be a new or painted helmet this season?

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Will there be a new or painted helmet this season?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      HoosierUte
      Participant

I haven’t seen anything yet. I don’t always love the painted designs but it is a cool tradition.

NarfUte
      Participant

Yes, it’s going to be a pretty simple one though

UtesRule
        Participant

RIP PAC12?

6 10
        chinngiskhaan
        Participant

Last year’s painted helmets were the worst helmets in UofU history. I can’t fathom how anyone thought that design was a good idea. Hours and hours of wasted time painting something that was never going to look good no matter how great the paint job was.

Simple is probably a good thing.

UtesRule
          Participant

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I happen to disagree with yours on this.

RedUte14
          Participant

which helmet was it last year?

22Ute22
          Participant

I liked the concept, but the execution was TERRIBLE. What they should have done:

“MUSS” on both sides and no flag. The pretend creases just made the logos look strange on a helmet.

No stripe and no 3rd down MUSS logo they put that weirdly cut off the stripe.

Keep the fan silhouettes.

If they had just done that, it would have been perfect imo. Some ideas are good if they are over the top. Others are better minimalist. I think just tried to do too much after doing the USS salt lake and AL/TJ helmets that had a ton of detail.

As far as this year’s uniforms, I could’ve sworn there was a leak that showed a black version of the throwback uniforms? So maybe the hand painted helmet is a black UU helmet? That would fit narfute’s comment of it being simple.

chinngiskhaan
            Participant

Yes, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. The crowd thing was fine, but that plus all the other stuff was waaaay too much.

highlandute7
      Participant

Bring back the USS Salt Lake City uni’s.

Rick
      Participant

You could combine the USS Salt Lake City concept with the demise of the Pac 12 and show a sinking ship. That could be fun!

Sanders
        Participant

I agree this USS ship looked really nice but give me those throwbacks with the gray pants and interlocking U helmets all day long- gorgeous! I’d love to see them go all black one evening with chrome lids.

PhiladelphiaUte
          Participant

^^^ THIS ^^^

Those throwback uniforms are my absolute FAVORITES! I can’t for the life of me understand why we hadn’t brought them back again!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.