Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Yes, injuries will happen

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Yes, injuries will happen

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

As mentioned in a previous post, injuries could change the direction of this season. We all lived through the 2023 season. However, I have to believe that it was an anomaly. Some of our best seasons came after a season with a ton of injuries. 1994 comes to mind. We had a lot of key injuries in 1993 and ended up in the top ten in 1994.

It seems that some are very worried about injuries, especially at QB, CB, etc. Right now, we are generally quite healthy. We are in a much better place than last August. As for me, I am not going to go into this season or any game worried about injuries that haven’t happened. We are in a good place right now, and worrying about something I cannot control(read Stephen Covey’s book) is fruitless and a waste of energy.

We will have some injuries this season. They happen. I hope it doesn’t happen a lot and I hope it happens at positions where we have depth. Regardless, I am not going to worry about it. If Cam Rising goes down, Isaac Wilson will step in …

RedUte14
      Participant

was any key player injured in 2008??

Ute95
      Participant

If I remember right, the defensive line was fairly depleted (I’m not sure about any key player in particular). Of course, the pundits and announcers didn’t really mention that much. All I remember is them going on and on about Alabama losing one of their best offensive lineman. Despite the “depleted” d-line, Utah kicked the crap out of them upfront. It was a thing of beauty.

Tednab
        Participant

I’m pretty high on Isaac and our QB depth right now .. head and shoulders above last year and we still pulled out 8 wins .. feel very comfortable with our depth and our coaching staff to get us to the playoffs this year, it’s been right within our grasps for awhile and I think this years team’s experience pulls us through

HATUman
      Participant

A lot of this depends on the treatment staff. I was an Athletic Training student back in 2015-2016. The trainers at the time were completely against chiropractors. One of my best friends went through the program with me and did his senior Clinicals with the football program, he then went on to Chiropractic School and when he finished tried to work with his previous preceptors, but with him being a chiropractor they were totally against it. With the addition of a new head ATC that was open to working with Chiros, he brought my buddy in to work with the team, he had some concerns about the strength and conditioning that the guys were going through and addressed them with “el jefe”. Initially coach was resistant, but incorporated some changes to their workouts and practices this fall camp. We just saw that article that they sustained significantly fewer injuries this go around. I can’t help but credit my buddy for this, but hey, I’m biased. Let’s hope we can stay injury free this fall, it could make for an incredible season.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.